Dinner and a Show — just how Harold did it in 1965
50 years ago, Harold Schafer embarked upon building what we know today as the Medora Musical — a show we North Dakotans are proud to call our own, that has now entertained nearly 4 Million people. One of the very first things Harold did to bring guests to his new show was rent charter busses and fill them up with curious folks from Bismarck-Mandan, telling them he was taking them to “Dinner and a show!”
For one day only, September 11, the final Friday of the 50th Anniversary Season of the Medora Musical, we’re bringing back one of Harold’s first ideas to promote the Medora Musical.
Thanks to our friends at Harlow’s Trailways and iHeart Media Bismarck, you can jump on the Harlow’s Harold Bus to Medora, see the show on the final Friday of the season, and sleep in your own bed that same night (although it’ll be a little late after all that fun.)
This One Day Trip Includes
- Round trip, same-day charter travel to Medora — leave and return on Friday, September 11
- FREE and exclusive greeting from Medora Musical Cast and TRMF President Randy Hatzenbuhler
- Dinner at the world-famous Pitchfork Steak Fondue
- FREE Medora Musical Behind the Scenes Tour
- Lower level, group seating to the Medora Musical, the “Greatest Show in the West!” for the final Friday of the Medora Musical
The Harold Schafer documentary “Mr. Bubble” will air on the bus en route to Medora. Other bus amenities include: Free WiFi, restroom, reclining seats, DVD entertainment & 110 volt outlets.
TICKETS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE AT 1-800-MEDORA-1
|Adult Musical, Pitchfork Fondue, Cast Greeting, Tour, & Transportation
Harold Bus to Medora Itinerary
- 3:30pm CDT Check-in at iHeart Media Studios in Bismarck, ND
3500 E Rosser Ave
Bismarck, ND 58501
- 4:00pm CDT Bus Departs from iHeart Media Studios in Bismarck, ND
- 5:00pm MDT Arrive in Medora
- 5:15pm MDT Special Greeting from Medora Musical Cast Member and TRMF President Randy Hatzenbuhler with a “Harold Story”
- 5:30pm MDT Pitchfork Steak Fondue at the Tjaden Terrace
- 6:30pm MDT time to take in the beautiful badlands, take a few photos or shop around the Medora Musical Welcome Center
- 7:30pm MDT enjoy the Medora Musical!
- 9:40pm MDT Medora Musical concludes
- 10:00pm MDT Depart Medora
- 1:00am CDT return to Bismarck at iHeart Media Studios
Tickets are very limited for this special, Harold Bus to Medora
So call 1-800-MEDORA-1 to book now!
A special thanks goes to our friends at Harlow’s Trailways and iHeart Media Bismarck for their support in this fun way to pay tribute to Harold Schafer and allow more folks to experience Medora for positive, life-changing experiences.