We are wonderfully-excited and incredibly grateful to all who have helped us get to this point.
THE MEDORA MUSICAL WILL OPEN JUNE 19!
The show will open with “Smart Restart” procedures in place – including reduced capacity for each show, every-other row seating, and increased spacing between groups.
Nightly showings will be at 8:30pm MDT all season.
To help more people enjoy the “Greatest Show in the West”, a second show per night will be held on Saturdays and Sundays, beginning on July 4, that will begin at 5:30pm MDT.
This new show schedule will allow nearly the same number of shows to be held as previously scheduled. THANK YOU to the cast, crew, and production team for their commitment to making this a reality.
“We have heard from thousands of folks, that now more than ever, the people of North Dakota need the Medora Musical – the experience, the message, and the story of TR overcoming hardship from his time here in the Badlands.” said Justin Fisk, marketing and communication director.
“Guests will see some changes to how the theater operates, but the show itself will feature all the favorite pieces that have made it a true North Dakota tradition for the last 55 years. We’ll have a full cast and band, there’ll be live horses on stage, featured variety acts, and a big, patriotic finale. The Medora Musical that people love will still happen on our stage this year.
“Roosevelt’s words to ‘Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!’ mean so much more this year and we are proud to offer North Dakota’s show this year.”
Additional “smart restart” procedures include:
• Guests will be welcome to, but not required to wear masks.
• A revised, physical-distancing entry and exit process will be utilized.
• The popular kids segment of the show will take place with students in their seats, rather than on stage.
• Plastic sneeze guards will be installed at concession areas.
• Concession vendors and staff will wear masks and gloves.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
• Capacity is planned to be increased as recommendations allow.
TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE MAY 26, ONLY AT MEDORA.COM
We expect a high volume of calls when tickets go on sale, so we encourage you to book online — and it’ll be quick and easy. All of our deals and discounts can be booked online, and you can even chat with a representative online if you have questions.
We’re finalizing our “smart restart” seating plan, so stay tuned for more details and we have made a couple of online tools to help you, too, like the hotel reservation change request below.
Other Attractions and Shows
• The Pitchfork Steak Fondue will also open on June 19. On two-show nights, you’ll be able to enjoy Fondue after the 5:30 show or before the 8:30 show.
• The Medora Gospel Brunch is scheduled to open June 24.
• A couple of our favorites — the Teddy Roosevelt Show featuring Joe Wiegand and Bill Sorensen’s Live, Love, Laugh also plan to open soon and details will be announced online.
• Our new Little Bully Pulpit Mini-Golf Course and Manitou the Point to Point Zipline are both slated to open July 1
• The new Cowboy Lyle’s Candy Barn will open soon
• And there will be lots of ice cream and shopping available all summer
THANK YOU to all of our guests, supporters, volunteers, partners, and more. Thank you to YOU, our Facebook community for your support. THANK YOU North Dakota, for making us part of your summer tradition.