Medora is full of exciting adventures. We are highlighting the top 13 things that we think you should explore when you get here!
1. Medora Musical – Yee-Haw! Kick up your heels with us at the Medora Musical, performed nightly at 7:30 p.m. MDT. Click here for more information!
2. Ice Cream – I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream! Enjoy a delicious cone piled high with creamy Medora-made ice cream! Learn to lick fast though, it goes fast in the Medora heat! Find out more.
3. Bully Pulpit – Spend a day and play at the breathtakingly beautiful Bully Pulpit Golf Course. Ranked one of America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses, you will surely learn to speak softly and carry a big stick! For more information click here.
4. Explore Medora – There are many hidden treasures throughout the charming town of Historic Medora. Find the best Tomato Mac soup in town, enjoy a latte, eat some pizza, take an Old Fashioned Photo or just walk around the quaint streets. Step back from the busy world and enjoy your time here, we are sure that you will adore every minute of it.
5. Stage Coach Ride – Yee-Haw! Experience the Old West first hand on this half hour stage coach ride through the river bottom land of the Little Missouri River! For more information click here.
6. Pitchfork Steak Fondue – Steaks fondued on a pitchfork? That’s right, but don’t worry, these pitchforks haven’t worked in a barn. Every night our chef’s load juicy ribeye steaks onto a pitchfork and fondue them western style! For more information click here.
7. Drive through TRNP – You can’t get lost driving the 36 mile Scenic Loop Drive located in the South Unit of Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Grab your camera and make sure to stop and enjoy the beauty that the park offers. Keep an eye out for buffalo, wild horses, prairie dogs and other wildlife! Click here for more information.
8.Ready, Aim, Fire! – Step into the old Wild West with our old-time saloon shooting gallery and take aim! Test your skill and see if you are the best shot in your family! Click here to find out more.
9. Chateau De Mores – Step back in time and discover the story of Medora! Take a tour of the Chateau and see what the Marquis saw when he first arrived. Click her for more information.
10. Petrified Forest – This is for the outdoor lovers. Hike to the mystical Petrified Forest. Check with rangers at the visitor center for directions to the Petrified Forest and the Wilderness Area. For more information click here.
11. Medora Cemetery – It is quite a “scream” at the Medora Cemetery. Enjoy the beautiful view of Medora and walk around and read the old tombstones. Find the interesting ones such as, “the man that the bank fell on.” Learn about Historic Medora’s past. The Cemetery is located off of the road which leads to the Burning Hills Amphitheater.
12.Wind Canyon – You haven’t lived until you have viewed a sunrise or sunset from the highest point of Wind Canyon. Nestled in the middle of Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Wind Canyon is an easy hike that will lead you to breathtaking views. For more hiking information click here.
13. Chimney Park – Take a break and visit historic Chimney Park. See where the historical meat packing plan once stood and enjoy a quiet walk through the rustling cotton wood trees. Click here to find out more.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to come explore and adore Medora.
Call 1-800-MEDORA-1 or visit www.medora.com for tickets and more information!