Many people wonder what there is to do in Medora during the fall and winter, once the “Greatest Show in the West” has wrapped for the season. Well, wonder no more! Medora is full of great little finds for you to enjoy once the Musical season has come to an end.
Here are just 13 of our favorites!
1. Explore the beautiful Badlands on the Maah Daah Hey Trail or Buffalo Gap Trail, or take in the over 46,000 acres of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park South Unit, where you’ll find sights and outdoor experiences hard pressed to be replicated anywhere else in the world.
2. If you like to golf, Bully Pulpit Golf Course is in prime condition and will be open until October 27th.
3. Take a stroll down the streets of Medora! Although some of the shops are closed for the season, there are a quite a few gems that stay open year round such as the Western Edge Book Store, The Home Merchant, and The White House, The Rough Rider Gift Shop, and many more. Check out all of the seasonal business hours here.
4. Stop at Hidden Springs Java and grab a cup of coffee or an apple cider to stay warm as you walk around Historic Medora!
5. Take a break for a delicious lunch at the Elkhorn Café. We recommend a cheeseburger deluxe, onion rings, and a piece of pie!
6. If you are looking to really relax while you are here, visit Cedar Canyon Spa! They offer many wonderful treatments ranging from aromatherapy baths to relaxing massages.
7. Enjoy a fabulous meal at Theodore’s dining room which is open until October 26th.
8. Have a night out on the town with dinner at the Little Missouri Saloon or Boots Bar and Grill which are both open year round!
9. Spend the night in the luxurious and historic Rough Riders Hotel. While you’re here, catch up on a good book it in front of the wonderful fireplace located in the lobby.
10. Learn about the Marquis de Mores and his beautiful wife Medora at the Chateau de Mores Interpretive Center.
11. Discover the wonderful history of Medora and the surrounding areas at the Billings County Museum.
12. Have a company or family Christmas Party in Medora for your special group! Joslyn, our very talented Group Sales Director, is here to help! Give her a call at 623.4444. ext. 8828
13. Visit Medora on December 6th, 7th and 8th for Medora’s Old-Fashioned Cowboy Christmas. Family-fun activities, musical entertainment, beer and wine sampling, and a wide array of dining opportunities await you during this old-fashioned holiday celebration!
So as you can see, even though the Medora Musical season has concluded, Medora is still a great place to explore any time of year!
For fully updated days and hours of operation of Medora businesses, you can also visit the Medora CVB website.
(editor’s note: as of 10/16, we are happy to say that the Theodore Roosevelt National Park is once again reopen for visitors to enjoy the fall season.)